Tuesday, September 23, 2008

in other news



What I decorated my door with today: photos of these elephants. They just looked appealing.

*

Today was sort of silly. But I learned that I have the same wonderful TR 10-6 teaching schedule next semester, only with a section of CW. So next week I can order free, free, free CW texts and dream of metaphor lesson plans.

*

What I am currently writing: terrible little poems. But I'm reading a lot of poet's blogs. Does that count?

*

I ate primarily mayonnaise-based foods for dinner: chicken salad, potato salad, coleslaw. It was like a picnic, but nobody else was here.

*

I love this poem, which I substitute-taught to a class last week.

*

What I am watching tonight: Susan Orlean on Rin Tin Tin on PBS and a Gram Parsons documentary. Or maybe just Scrubs until I pass out.

*

What got me running today: a Pink song. For realsies.

*

What I said in my four o'clock class in the middle of my explanation of the exemplification essay: For realsies.

*

Touché.

3 comments:

  1. It only makes sense that Clay and Seacrest date.

    Lesson learned: Don't name child "Clay."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also: That poem rocks, really rocks, and please get me free writin' books. And don't forget that you can request "exam" or "desk" copies from Graywolf. I think they have a form online. The memoir "Glasses Like Clark Kent" that came out from them a couple of months ago looks pretty killer. And if you don't own "Blind Huber" yet, you'd better get on that. DUDE. It's a whole book of poems about BEES.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I did! It is all about BEES, as you put it.

    ReplyDelete