Thursday, January 3, 2013

happy new year, internet

Oh, Internet! Happy 2013 to you. We arrived home on the 30th, and I spent the next two days putting everything (new cutting boards! borrowed harpsichords! sweater trees!) away and making a Goodwill bag and vacuuming the car and enjoying the fact that our little rented Georgia house, despite its awful living room carpet and 1970s kitchen, is clean and uncluttered and ours, all ours.

Then it was New Year's Eve, and we ended up drinking wine on the floor of our friend's house and later we had our very own private dance party to Warren Zevon songs at 2:30 am. Few things are better.

Now it's raining steadily, and the washing machine is humming, and I have Big Plans to knock out one Rook poem a day until the 14th (EDIT: it's the 7th and I think Rook is done! oh, winter break, you are so kind), so I'm going to sign off. Wish me luck, Internet, and I you, and here is a photo of the snow up north on Christmas Day.


Was it cold? Oh, you betcha.

No comments:

Post a Comment