Wednesday, January 28, 2015

learning to navigate

It's been a hard couple weeks. There is a job application looming. Our neighbors have left the building. The weather has been blustery and chilly, for Georgia, and we got the flu the day we came home from Wisconsin. I miss sunlight. And the dog that attacked our dog last month, while we were out on our daily walk, is still chained in its yard, likely to attack another animal.

I miss my neighbors. I miss my old walking route. Those two things connected me to this town in very physical ways, and I'm learning to navigate life without my friends' cars in the driveway, learning to run down the greenbelt in the woods instead of through town.

Recently, my photos reflect this winter-ness: blue, gray, dark, snow. I'll be fine. I'll learn new paths. Still, on a day like today, it's good to look over the set of picture from the last month, finish editing a friend's teaching philosophy, and make another cup of lemon-ginger tea in my newly gray office.



No comments:

Post a Comment