Sunday, December 19, 2010

smell you later, 2010

Well. The grades have been entered; the presents have been purchased; the Christmas roadtrip to MSP is only a day away. I have given my little be good citizens speech to the students and dumped two strands of Christmas lights in the fireplace for that warm holiday glow. Bring it, holiday season.

Last year I waited until December 30th to do a photo review, but I haven't taken many photos lately. And I'm pretty sure that any I'll take in MSP won't need to grace the Internet. So,  twelve days early, here you go: the year 2010 in photo review. Same rules as last year: these are my favorite photos from the year, one for each month. The photo has to be one that I took, and the photo has to be one that I like, and the photo has to, in some way, encapsulate the month itself. This year, I chose only horizontal images, the better to stretch across this blog and distract you from the lottery header.

To the new year, then--but first, goodbye to the old one.























3 comments:

  1. I love this.

    And I really love the August towels. SO AUGUST.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! I must say, it sort of killed me to sift through the summer photos--they are all canoes and backyards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, yes, lovely August.

    Now that I think about it, I wonder how the chicken wings picture or the Jeano in the lake picture didn't qualify for August. They must have at least been close seconds.

    AND OH MY GOD YOU WILL BE HERE IN 12 HOURS. I CAN'T WAIT TO SHOW YOU MY NEW FELIZ NAVIDAD SWEATER.

    ReplyDelete