Tuesday, December 20, 2011

86 2011, sub 2012

Well! The presents have been shipped out. The grades have been submitted. This morning I woke from an anxiety dream in which two of my now-former students accosted me on the breezeway of my building and demanded to know why I'd given them failing grades in math and art, and I sat down on the concrete and desperately recalculated their grades over and over only to get Ds every time, and by the time I threw the papers back at them, I realized I'd missed Thanksgiving entirely and my voicemail was filled with angry messages from my parents.

When I go to therapy next, I'm just going to print out the above paragraph and hand it over.

But the semester is over, and no angry e-mails await. Instead, tomorrow we will pack ourselves into my brother's car, and then three tall ex-Northerners and one small dog in a sweater will head up to Buffalo. In that spirit, then, here is the year in photo review. Same rules as 2009, and 2010.

To the new year, then--but first, goodbye to the old one.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment